8.3.13

Java Jazz Festival 2013

Several days ago i went to the biggest annual jazz festival in Indonesia called Java Jazz Festival held for three days. Actually it was my first time came to this event because i'm not really interested with jazz music and unfortunately they always bring special artist in seperate special ticket price, for the example last year they have brought Stevie Wonder in a shocking seperated price, meanwhile i really wanted to see this legend. I thought the concert would be aired on TV, because every year the concert always aired on TV, unfortunately his concert was late almost two hours suddenly the concert couldn't be aired :'((

For this year, the special artist are Joss Stone, Basia, and Craig David. Luckily me this year my brother offered me to watched Java Jazz Festival (JJF), because i know he and his wife are biggest fans of Craig David. I came on the last day where Craig David would play that day, on that day my favorite performance are Oddie Agam and the special show from Craig David. Oddie Agam is a famous songwriter in 80's generation, he has created many popular songs in Indonesia.

Oddie Agam played piano, duet with his son Alif

Tjut Nyak Deviana (piano), Oddie Agam, and Tompi (left)

Oddie's concert had not done yet but my brother wanted to watch Phil Perry then we were going to his concert in the next hall (no photos -sorry). As i remember when i was a kid my mom play his song on the radio, so i could sing a little to his songs so lovely and his voice is sooo incredible at that age. After Phil's concert it was getting dark, Craig's concert schedule was 8 pm, we killed time filled out tummy bought a crepe, we didnt see any queue into Craig's concert. So we hang around to many stages there, it was almost an hour to his concert but we still didn't see any queue, then my sister in law asked the crew, the queue right behind the hall then "OMG!! we're late!!" ok we were trapped in a very long queue.

We were stand in a queue for almost one and half hour, and it was late one hour from the schedule, everytime i stared the sky, the cloud seemed thicken slowly after a long time we heard a rumble of thunder (dang! bless you). Slow down water speck on each point then heavy rain was coming, ack! it was my first time came to JJF and first time for me trapped in the rain while queued a concert, i always bring an umbrella anytime but it seemed useless because its hard to handle the umbrella while the people behind me pushed to get into the hall (damn it)

The ticket in my hand folded neatly because of heavy rain my ticket was terribly wet and i couldn't open the ticket, my brother said don't open the ticket and let the crew open your ticket because it is their fault to trap us in the rain. Luckily the barcode still could read my damp clammy sloppy ticket (ewh!) we ran into the hall quickily to get the front row and then we still had to waiting in the wet for 30 minutes of check sound. Wow we heard Craig's voice behind the curtain, everyone's screaming wow i never thought his voice is so amazing.

'Till finally the curtain was open and let his concert begun with What's Your Flava, we were sing and dance along Craig David's concert. Suddenly after several songs, he took a break and changed himself into a DJ well he turned the concert became a disco club, woohoo! many song he had play from TLC, Ne-Yo, until Rihanna. I know several songs of him because when my brother in high-school he was always listened to Craig David to me, the concert had ended with Seven Days as the encore.



It's us were still waiting Craig David in the wet condition

After Craig David's concert we were totally limped as too tired after many hours, we walked into the food area and suddenly rain was falling again, ok luckily us we find dinner there and i've never eat so voraciously in almost midnight. After finished our dinner we were sitting on the floor because there were full table, suddenly there were short-circuits occurs in some elictricity in the food area (dang! creepy) we were scared and my sister ran first because too scared of fire in the rain. At the end my first Java Jazz Festival was totally crazy to imagine, i hope for the next events can be well organized inside and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment